Green Point Hemp is committed to the sustainability and integrity of all aspects of our hemp supply chain in which we operate. Our business is built on three pillars of sustainability:
- Benign emissions: Use no toxic substances or agrochemicals.
- Renewable energy: Operate using one hundred percent renewable energy.
- Closing the loop: Ensure production processes consist of entirely recycled or bio-based inputs.
Focusing on these three pillars, Green Point Hemp aims for all operations to function in a manner that is carbon negative. Climate change issues are important considerations directly related to the sustainability of hemp production and our ability to supply hemp biomass to our customers. We are committed to the following actions:
- To comply with all laws and regulations related to environmental performance and climate change and encourage our supply chain partners to do the same.
- To mitigate potential climate change impacts by maintaining diversified sources of hemp biomass.
- To develop and apply good agricultural practices in support of environmental sustainability, biodiversity, and resource conservation.
- To regularly assess the risks and opportunities of climate change.
- To monitor our greenhouse gas emissions.
- To employ programs and strategies to improve energy efficiency in our industrial facilities in pursuit of reductions in greenhouse gas emissions.
- To work with farmers and other supply chain stakeholders to improve the energy efficiency of hemp production in pursuit of reductions in greenhouse gas emissions.
Our team of hemp industry professionals shall develop policies and programs, commit organizational resources, and educate our workforce to adhere to applicable laws, Green Point Hemp’s Code of Conduct and other compliance policies, and this Climate Change Policy. This policy will be regularly reviewed by the Green Point Hemp’s Board and amended as needed.
Download PDF version of our Climate Change Policy